What I made - Marble Cake ( Bolu )


What I made - Marble Cake/Zebra ( Bolu )



Today I decided to make a marble cake. I made this cake with the assistance of my mum.

First, we got the ingredients and equipment ready.

- * 1 tablespoon of Baking Mix
-  * 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
-  * 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
-  Weighing Scale
-  Knife
*  50ml of Cooking Oil
-  Silicone Cake Mold
-  225g plain flour
-    6 eggs
-   300g plain sugar
-   100g of melted butter
-   50ml/100ml of Condensed Milk
-   Mixer

Next, we mixed the dry ingredients together including the egg. For this step, you can choose between using a hand mixer or a bench mixer. I decided to use a hand mixer. Mix this for 10mins.
* TIP: Remember not to lift the hand mixer when mixing. The mixture will go everywhere if you do!

After, we got our cake mould and used a pastry brush to put the butter on the mould.
* TIP:  It is better to use a silicone mould if you have one so it won't stick to the cake.

Then we got the cocoa powder and mixed half of the previous mixture with it. Next get the mould and put the mixture white, brown, white, etc. order so that when you cut through the middle it will have the marble effect. After if you want you can put swirls in it too.

Put it in the oven at 180°C let it sit there for 45mins.



After it has been 45mins, take it out and use a  toothpick or an end of a spoon and poke it in the cake to see if it has set. If not put it back in the oven for a few minutes but if it has, leave it there for a few minutes.


Lastly, cut the cake into sections to eat and ENJOY!

*Pictures of Ingredients:















My reflection:

Next time I would put in more sugar and/or condensed milk in my cake. Also, I could put in Chocolate food colouring or more cocoa powder to darken the chocolate in the cake.

This is because we put in 200g of sugar and 50ml of condensed milk.



Comments